Skilled Bankruptcy Attorneys in Jacksonville, Florida
Your First Step To Financial Recovery Begins Here
We recognize the bravery it takes to walk through our front doors. We meet that bravery with knowledge, experience, and legal assistance you can trust. Bankruptcy is your first decision to a new beginning, and there’s no better team for the job.
Are you overwhelmed by debt? Do you need to stop debt collections, foreclosure, and repossession actions? Bankruptcy could be exactly what you need to get a fresh financial start in life. If you are seeking to eliminate your debts or temporarily or permanently stop foreclosure actions and auto repossessions through Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can turn to The Law Offices of Randy Reep for experienced legal guidance.
There are several steps that go into filing bankruptcy in Florida. Here are some of the proceedings that The Law Offices of Randy Reep will guide you through:
- To determine eligibility for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Florida, the means test follows a complex formula. Individuals whose household income is under their state’s median income, and individuals whose debts are primarily business-related debts, are exempt from the means test process. However, bankruptcy debtors whose gross household income is above median income must pass the means test to be eligible for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing.
- The automatic stay associated with Chapter 7 bankruptcy will freeze foreclosures, auto repossessions, and all other types of debt collections from creditors until it is lifted. The time the automatic stay provides can be extremely useful in order to get your affairs in order.
- A Chapter 7 bankruptcy is initiated by filing a petition with the bankruptcy court. This petition is a federal form that includes a substantial amount of financial information about the debtor and their family. This petition must be signed under oath.
- The bankruptcy Petition requires an individual to list all unsecured debts separately from secured debts. Unsecured debts include personal loans and credit cards issued by banks. Vehicle leases, medical bills, and personal loans also qualify as unsecured debts. Tax debt can also qualify as unsecured until the IRS issues a tax lien. Secured debts can include mortgages, car loans, and other finance loans.
- To file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Florida, an individual must be a permanent Florida resident or own property in the state. Florida has three bankruptcy districts, including the Southern District, Middle District, and Northern District. Each of Florida’s counties is assigned to one of the three bankruptcy districts, and people must file bankruptcy in the district in which they reside.
At The Law Offices of Randy Reep, we understand how intimidating and stressful Chapter 7 bankruptcy can be for our clients. We will be with you through every step of the bankruptcy process and ensure you’re protected from start to finish.
WE’RE HERE TO PROTECT AND SERVE YOU
Randy brings more to your case than the average attorney. As an Air Force Veteran and Lieutenant Colonel and F15 Pilot for Florida Air Guar, he lives his life by the core values of “Integrity first, service before self, excellence in all we do.”
John Holzbaur grew up in Jacksonville and enlisted in the US Navy immediately after graduation from Wolfson High School. John served for over twenty-three years as a Naval Helicopter Aircrewman and Helicopter Rescue Swimmer and as a commisioned Naval Fight Officer.
Personal Injury Director
Camila was born and raised in Brazil, where she received a law degree and worked in the education field. In 2015, she moved with her family to USA, consolidating her passion for helping people navigate the complex legal system as well as assist the Latino community to ensure their vital access to the law.
Chief Litigation Case Manager, Paralegal
Bonnie was born and raised in New Jersey, then moved to Florida with her family in 1995. She received her bachelor’s degree in Nursing from the University of North Florida in 2003 and her Associates in Paralegal Studies from Florida State College at Jacksonville in 2014.
Amber Nguyen Dang
Amber was born and raised in Texas where she had developed strong personality characteristics. She then moved to Florida to finish high school and got her diploma in 2018. Amber is a “quick study” and has made it her mission to learn as much as she can about Personal Injury Litigation. She is an important member of the litigation department and has assisted the attorneys with settling millions of dollars in cases.
Dr. Suny Caminero
Staff Medical Doctor
Dr. Suny Caminero, the firm’s on staff Medical Doctor, was born in New York City. Her family enjoyed the rare opportunity to move back to the Dominican Republic where she was raised. Her experiences in the D.R., her return to the United States, combined with her medical education make her singularly qualified to support the mission of the Law Offices or Randy Reep.
Hugo began his legal profession litigating medical malpractice and commercial cases that ultimately resulted in millions of dollars recovered. When he expanded his practice to Criminal and Family law, Hugo took advantage of the litigation skills he had developed in the complex world of medical malpractice and commercial litigation. He has since successfully defended over a hundred cases in traffic and criminal offenses throughout the State of Florida.
Alex was born and raised in South Jacksonville Beach. Growing up she attended various magnet schools throughout Duval County. Upon graduation from Paxon School for Advanced Studies, she decided to take a little time to discover who she was outside of being a very good student. What she learned is that she has a passion for law and has joined the ‘family’ of The Law Offices of Randy Reep. Growing up Alex was raised to value the ‘Fruits of the Spirit’. She uses these qualities to build genuine relationships with her peers and clients, leading with patience and empathy to build stronger connections. Alex is excited for the journey ahead and thankful for the opportunity to grow in the field that she is most passionate about.